Akimbo Shotguns – Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer
December 10, 2009
Akimbo Shotguns Make Great Close Range Weapons
One cool feature in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is the ability to unlock Akimbo weapons - using a weapon in each hand.
Particularly devestating are the Akimbo shotguns. These are single shot, powerful shotguns that are killer up close.
I have seen this work tremendously well in a couple of ways:
- Defending headquarters points
- Use with sprinting and lightfooted perks to quickly get inside opponents and kill
In fact, the highest kill count in a player I have seen in multiplayer was 83 kills with the Akimbo shotguns and speed. He would dodge fire, running constantly, and somehow manage to always get close enough for the kill.
You can use speed to get around behind enemies as well and get quick kills.
Akimbo shotguns work especially well in cities and other levels where there are a lot of corners to hide behind that force close in fighting. Not so good on more open levels.
The one drawback to the Akimbo shotguns is they are only one shot each and there is a slight delay when reloading. You really want to make sure you get the kill on the first or second shot.
How to defeat Akimbo shotgun players
- Always look out behind you for them coming from behind. You can set up traps for them if you see these players constantly trying to get around you. You have the range advantage with assault rifles and even sub machine guns- use it!
- Always flash or stun headquarters points or places where they commonly hide before entering otherwise you are at a huge disadvantage.
- If an Akimbo player is rushing you, fire from the hip. By the time it takes to raise your sights, they could get close enough for the kill (has happened to me frequently). However if you just pump bullets their direction from the hip, you can off kill them before they get close enough.