March 4, 2010
I’ve been playing the I Zombie Endless puzzle quite a bit in Plants vs Zombies and have been looking for some tips. I found a couple resources out there in Internet land that I found really helpful:
- Steam Forum – a few tidbits in this forum post, not super helpful but good for the new player
- Brighthub – this one is a bit better, describes the puzzle and what you must do. There are some basic helps in the Tips and Tactics section
- Gamezebo – a few tips toward the end of this page although most of them are for the individual I Zombie puzzles and not Endless
- **I Zombie Endless Guide – the best resource I could find, actually shows examples of levels and how to attack them which were really helpful.
Here are my tips from experience playing I Zombie Endless
- Always plan in advance. There is no time limit so be patient. Think about the cheapest way to take out the defenses.
- I love Bucket Zombies and Diggers. They are relatively cheap and I find myself using them the most.
- Imps aren’t good for much except grabbing the brain and getting Squashed, eaten, or blown up.
- Michael Jackson zombies (aka Dancing Zombies) are a risk because they are weak. Use with caution.
- If you are low on Sun, go for the Sun first. Seems obvious but if you run out of sun, it is all over.
January 19, 2010
The Serpent of Isis – Quick Review
The Serpent of Isis is not your typical hidden object game in every way, and that is a good thing.
The start of the game is fairly standard, a famous relative was involved in a valuable object in some way and now you join the adventure. Someone really needs to get a bit more creative with these story lines.
But what is different about this game is the blend of hidden object and adventure components. You don’t just find objects from a list. Some objects are collected and used with others on different scenes. For instance, on one level you need to fill a tea cup to produce steam on a mirror to reveal a hidden safe. The teabag, teakettle, water to fill the kettle, and a stove to heat it were all found in different scenes. The game helps you along so you don’t get stuck (like many traditional point and click adventure games).
The Object of the Game
Serpent of Isis is similar to Mystery Case Files Huntsville in that there is a list of suspects and you need to figure out who did it. However, the game does a good job of incorporating the investigation of each suspect into the actual gameplay in a much better way than most. Search a train car of one of the suspects to get clues. Collect objects associated with each suspect to help in your investigation, etc.
Overall incorporating the object hunt and overall story into the actual gameplay is done quite well. The scenes fit the story quite well. For instance you start in your hotel room gathering items for your journey. You then search for your ticket at the train station and then search parts of the train for clues.
The graphics of the game are standard but the sounds are quite good and fit the scenes very well.
There are a few things The Serpent of Isis doesn’t do well. For instance you have to be very accurate in your clicking on objects. Several times I thought I clicked on an object I needed and the game didn’t register it so I moved on. Later when I was sure it was the object I needed, I went back and clicked until I got it. A bit annoying.
Some of the dialogue is a bit campy and the story is standard fare but overall, the game is definitely worth a play for hidden object fans.
Grade – B+
December 12, 2009
Watch this gaming has chosen their top 5 Modern Warfare 2 kill streak videos – these are incredible!
There are a few things to learn here by watching each. The high powered akimbo shotguns, incredible machine pistol kills, and the most amazing sniper work I have ever seen.
You can learn a lot by watching and playing with better players. Even if you get owned, don’t worry about it. Learn what you can and become a better player.
December 11, 2009
Going prone in the grass is a great way to hide effectively and get kills
Many players forget to go prone (lie on your stomach) in the heat of battle. Not only does it make you harder to hit and steadies your aim, it hides you better – especially in grass.
The pic above is from the Wasteland map. We have captured the HQ in this house on the edge of the map. There are little opportunites to hide so I just went prone in the grass, facing the entrance to the house and the direction the enemy was coming from. I was able to pick off 3 or 4 enemies before they figured it out and I got shotgunned in the back.
Look for grassy areas on every map where you can hide. With your camo, you are really hard to spot.
December 11, 2009
Attack enemy headquarters from above
Your enemy is going to be watching all entrances to try to keep you from destroying the HQ in Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer. Some HQ points have ceilings you can attack and drop down through.
These pics are all from the Favela map. This HQ point is near the bottom of the map. You can get up on the roof here from adjacent buildings.
So sneaking along the room I come to several openings I can see and shoot through. One of them is big enough to drop down but I need to make sure the room is clear first.
So I killed one and my heartbeat sensor is showing a couple more. Be patient, change your angle on the roof so you can see other parts of the room below and shoot any enemies hiding.
Once the room is clear, drop down into the room from the hole in the roof. Time to capture and move on!
Look for opportunities like this on every map where you can attack from above and avoid going into rooms through doors that will probably be guarded.
December 11, 2009
The sentry gun is a fun new reward in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer
What might be just as fun shooting enemies yourself? Why getting a robotic gun to do it for you!
The sentry gun is a killstreak reward for 5 straight kills. You call it in with an air drop then need to unpack it and set it up.
Step 1 – Set it up carefully (no complicated instructions or manuals to read)
The gun is a lot of fun to set up in a slightly elevated location, pointing at areas of high enemy traffic or guarding entries to a headquarters. The gun can be killed through gun shots, explosives, or knifing. It can be temporarily shut down with flash or stun grenades.
Step 2 – Guard your new toy
To ensure maximum sentry gun carnage and longevity, I advise you protect. In the shot above I am prone behind a wall guarding a passage that leads to behind the sentry gun – a logical route for anyone wanted to destroy the gun from behind.
I racked up 3 kills as enemy after enemy desperately wanted to take out my precious gun!\
Step 3 – Check in
When guarding your gun, it is helpful to check in now and again to make sure it is in proper working condition. You must protect the gun from any sleazy meatbags trying to kill it.
Love the gun and it will love you!
December 10, 2009
If you are an experience addict, get bonuses for skilled actions
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 rewards you with extra experience for doing certain actions. Here are some examples:
- Longshot – Getting long range/distance kills
- First Blood – Get the first kill of a match
- Payback – Kill the last enemy that killed you
- Buzzkill – Kill an enemy just before they get a kill streak
- Headshot – Get a headshot
- Martyrdoh! – Kill an enemy while they are holding a grenade
- Rescuer – Kill an enemy that is shooting a teammate
- Avenge – Kill an enemy right after they kill one of your teammates
- Bullseye – Get a throwing knife kill
- One shot one kill – Kill an enemy with 1 shot with a sniper rifle
- Double Kill – Kill 2 enemies at once (usually explosives)
- Triple Kill – Kill 3 enemies at once
- Multi Kill – Kill more than 3 enemies at once
- Afterlife – Kill an enemy while dead
- Execution – Headshot an enemy that is Last or Final Stand
- Comeback – recover from a string of deaths
- Stuck – Stick a semtex grenade to an enemy
- Crowd Control – use a riot shield and absorb lots of damage
I’ll add more as I find out about them.